The undergraduate minor consists of 18 credit hours. A total of six credits must be at the 400 level. Students will be assigned an adviser from the Latina/o Studies committee members or other faculty as approved by the committee chair.
Requirements for the Minor
Prescribed Courses: (3 credits)
- LTNST 100, Introduction to Latina/o Studies
Additional Courses: (9 credits)
Students must also take at least three classes, or nine credits, from a list of core courses that includes the following, among many others:
- LTNST/ENGL 226, Latina/o Border Theories
- LTNST/ENGL 426, Chicana/o Cultural Production
- LTNST/HISTORY 127, Introduction to U.S. Latina/o History
- LTNST/HISTORY 467, Latin America and the United States
- LTNST/SPAN 326, Reading the Border/Lands
- LTNST/ SPAN 315, Spanish and Spanish-Speakers in the U.S.
- LTNST/CMLIT 403, Varieties of Latina/o Cultural Expression
- 3 credits of SPAN 3 or above
Supporting Courses: (6 credits)
Students will choose 6 credits from a list approved by the committee and by their advisor.
*Many of our courses also help fulfill general education and U.S. cultures requirements.